IMPACT THROUGH COLLABORATION
We are pleased to announce Wellness Wheel’s Research Director, Dr. JoLee Sasakamoose, will be hosting our first webinar entitled Impact Through Collaboration: Indigenous Approaches to Community Evaluation on Thursday February 25th from 11AM-12:30PM CST. JoLee will present for 1 hour followed by 30 minutes for discussion and questions. This event will be hosted Live through Eventbrite using Zoom.
- Review how colonial and historical contexts contribute to working with Indigenous communities today.
- Promote Indigenous worldview and knowledge as Guiding Principles for program evaluation by highlighting work from Sasakamoose et al in the Department of Justice Canada publication “Exploring Indigenous Approaches to Evaluation and Research in the Context of Victim Services and Supports”.
- Discuss ethical approaches to work collaboratively with Indigenous communities using the cultural responsiveness framework.
- Introduce tangible tools and resources for community partners to support the advancement of Indigenous community health and well being.
Indigenous Community Partners including:
- Health workers
- Mental health workers
- Nonprofit organizations
- Policy and public health specialists
- Researchers and knowledge users
- Community leaders and community members
Please join us on February 25th, 2021 by purchasing tickets below. Included in the ticket purchasing process is an option to donate to the Wellness Warriors COVID-19 Response Team who are providing immune-sparking food and medicines to isolated Elders throughout the pandemic.
For any questions, please contact our Communications Specialist at Cody.Lloyd@wellnesswheel.ca!